Edgar Froese's second solo album, and possibly his best. Epsilon In Malaysian Pale, which apparently is meant to mean "enveloped in the Malaysian humidity", came after Tangerine Dream had released Rubycon and toured Australia; like Rubycon, it has two side-long tracks.
The first of these is the title track, a lush junglescape of mellotron and a light touch of sequencer, inspired by Froese's visit to Malaysia. The other is Maroubra Bay, inspired as the name suggests by TD's time in Australia. After a dark, dramatic opening, it does end up evoking the beach about three minutes in, then sets off on a sequencer journey with plenty of Froese synth and more mellotron. Both tracks are absolutely essential, timeless electronica.
link
pw: sgtg
Previously posted at SGTG:
Aqua
Ages
Stuntman
Pinnacles
Tangerine Dream at SGTG:
Phaedra (scroll past main post)
Encore
Force Majeure
Tangram
Logos: Live At The Dominion
Hyperborea

Many thanks for this Alan.....I shall look forwards to listening to this tonight.....hope you are all keeping well.....best wishes Stu.
ReplyDeleteDoing ok,thanks! Hope you're good.
Deleteone of my favourite records of all time.
ReplyDeleteAlso one of my all time favorite LPs!! Don't miss this one.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, elegant and lush.Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSoma for sick ears. This one is/was Edgar's most sublime work, perfectly balanced with no extra instrumentation required.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the EF. I just found you music blog and I can't believe everything I'm finding. Thanks again.
ReplyDelete