Ear-bending, trippy minimal techno from the master. When first released, Dependent And Happy took the form of two and a half hours of music across twelve sides of vinyl; shortly afterwards, 11 of the 14 tracks were mixed down into this fully-segued 78 minute CD. Airy, atmospheric and never boring even when it seems there's very little going on, this is expertly-produced electronic music that suits any level of concentration. Traffic sounds, odd voices, minute variations in the drum tracks and more keep offering a fresh experience no matter how many times you return to it.
pw: sgtg
Ricardo Villalobos at SGTG:

Glitchy glitchy goo...
ReplyDeleteI actually went back and picked all these up from you today. Kinda nice what I've heard so far. I have the ECM thing but recall not being too crazy about that. And I think I may have passed by him at some point along the line in relation or connection to Baby Ford. Anyway - thanks for the chance to peruse them all.
Thank-you very much!
ReplyDeleteI guess you've heard his remix "Everywhere you go", 28 minuts+ of pure genius. Must be one of the best remixes of all time.
ReplyDelete